Hudson UMC reaches out in mission to our brothers and sisters in Christ locally, regionally, and internationally.
We have a mission focus on children. Our children lead us each Sunday to provide for infant health & nutrition in the Bloomington-Normal area. In 2014 we became engaged with Baby Fold’s healthy start program and donated more than 29,000 ounces of formula for impoverished families in the community.
We serve meals at Safe Harbor in Bloomington; collect non-perishable food through our Feed My Sheep ministry; and assist with distribution of food to local families through the Hudson Christian Church food pantry.
We purchase and wrap “Angel” gifts for children and provide food donations for the Hudson Love Basket program at Christmas.
We provide the police station/cars with prayer blankets for those experiencing a crisis.
We have arranged short-term mission trips each year for adults and senior high-age teenagers. We have served most recently in tornado-stricken Gifford (IL), on Katrina relief team in Louisiana, trips to flood/tornado ravaged towns near LaCrosse (WI), and Cedar Rapids (IA), and a South Dakota Indian reservation.
We support United Methodist ministries in Liberia and the United Methodist Church “Imagine No Malaria” Campaign.
Hudson UMC also provides opportunities to grow in faith, build community, praise God, serve others,
and connect in our community and schools.
- Weekly we gather for worship & music.
- Sunday School classes are held during the school year for children of pre-school age through high school and for adults.
- A community men’s group meets for coffee and fellowship every Tuesday morning at 8 am.
- WMW, an evening women’s group, meets monthly for fellowship and service.
- The United Methodist Women’s group meets on the first Thursday of each month at 12:30 pm.
- Children’s choir, youth choir, adult choir, and a chime choir for all ages contribute to the worship experience.
- Vacation Bible School encourages our children in their faith formation and mission outreach.
- Topical short-term programs and Bible studies occur throughout the year.
- The church is host to the Hudson Boy Scout troop and Hudson 4-H Club meetings.
Worship, 9:00 am
Fellowship, 10:00-10:30 am
Youth Choir Practice, as announced, 10:20 am
Faith Formation (Sunday School) for all ages, 10:30-11:20 am
Community Coffee Time for Men, 7:30-9 am