Christ calls the church to move and change all the time. For us, Church is an action word, a verb. It is a living, breathing community which is always at work and always changing to make God more visible in this world. We hope that if you are considering a new church home, you will join with us to act with faith on this community and world. Together with Christ, great things have been and will be accomplished.
Hudson United Methodist Church is a small family, with a bold vision for transformation. Our vision is:
- ~to be a church of prayer, individually and as a church family;
- ~to find creative ways to teach scripture and faith, especially through small groups and children’s ministry;
- ~celebrate God with vibrant worship and music;
- ~to multiply our mission and outreach to meet the needs of congregation, community and world;
- ~to join with other churches and groups to make a difference in this community and world.
Hudson UMC reaches out in mission to our brothers and sisters in Christ locally, regionally, and internationally.
Child nutrition. Our children lead us each Sunday to collect change to provide formula for infant health and nutrition in the Bloomington-Normal area. Since 2014 this has resulted in the donation of thousands of ounces of formula for impoverished families in the community.
Family nutrition. We serve meals at Safe Harbor in Bloomington; collect non-perishable food through our Feed My Sheep ministry; and assist with distribution of food to local families through the Hudson Christian Church food pantry.
Community aid and comfort. We purchase and wrap “Angel” gifts for children and provide food donations for the Hudson Love Basket program at Christmas. We provide the police station/cars with prayer blankets for those experiencing a crisis.
US missions. We have arranged short-term mission trips each year for adults and senior high-age teenagers. We have served most recently in tornado-stricken Gifford (IL), on Katrina relief team in Louisiana, trips to flood/tornado ravaged towns near LaCrosse (WI), and Cedar Rapids (IA), and a South Dakota Indian reservation.
World missions. We’ve supported United Methodist ministries in Liberia and the United Methodist Church “Imagine No Malaria” Campaign.
Hudson UMC also provides opportunities to grow in faith, build community, praise God, serve others, and connect in our community and schools.
- ~Weekly we gather for worship and music.
- ~Sunday School classes are held during the school year for children of pre-school age through high school and for adults.
- ~The church welcomes all men to Community Coffee Time, 7:30-9 am every Tuesday.
- ~WMW, an evening women’s group, meets monthly for fellowship and service.
- ~United Methodist Women meets on the first Thursday of each month at 12:30 pm.
- ~Children, youth, adult and chime choirs contribute to the worship experience.
- ~Vacation Bible School encourages our children and their friends in their faith formation and mission outreach.
- ~Topical short-term programs and Bible studies occur throughout the year.
- ~The church is host to the Hudson Boy Scout troop and Hudson 4-H Club meetings.